Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 random things - as posted on my facebook page

1. In fifth grade, Mary (Vierling) Erangey and myself made up a dance to "Half Breed" by Cher, and did it after lunch one day in front of the class. Remember, Mary?
2. I can't live without coffee. I'm hopelessly addicted - close friends and family ask me how many cups I've had in the morning before they get into anything remotely serious with me.
3. During a show several years ago at a rural country bar in NC, the owner brought (snuck) a horse from backstage on to the stage in front of the drummer (who kept playing) in the middle of the third set. When our bass player (Mary) realized a very large horse was behind her, she jumped off stage into the people dancing with her bass in hand, at which point she was no longer singing, and it took me a moment to stop singing the harmonies and realize that we had been 'up-staged'.
4. I have learned how important being able to let go of what I can't control is for my general well-being, I thought I knew that, but I didn't... and I'm sure I'll say that AGAIN in the future.
5. When I was a girl and thought about marriage, one of my prevelant thoughts was that I wanted to fall in love with and marry someone whose last name didn't end with 'son' or 'sen' as so many do in Minnesota. I got married, and went from from peterson to hanson, and it's been one of the very best decisions I've ever made.
6. I got caught and into big, big trouble when I was 5 years old for charging the boys in my neighborhood a quarter each to see what 'it' looked like. I think I made seventy five cents, and then had to give it back.... I'm still an entrepenuer, but a bit more refined now.
7. I absolutely love New York City, specifically, Manhattan and would like to live there for at least a portion of my life.
8. I was saved from certain death by our white water rafting guide on the Upper Gaulley river on the first Class V rapids I had ever been on in 2006. When we stopped for lunch a few hours and 4 more Class V rapids later that morning, I wouldn't even take my life jacket off while we ate. Then I had to get BACK into the raft to finish! ps - I am still teased for not taking it off while on shore!
9. As I and my marriage mature, I am more and more in love with and in awe of the man I married.
10. When a group of childhood friends met in Los Angeles several years ago for a girl's weekend and attended an art festival in Malibu, I was mortified when Vicki (nee Berg) approached Dick VanDyke, who was minding his own business, and casually said, "Hi Dick."
11. My husband doesn't like flying in planes. He gets annoyed and cranky easily in that situation. He got ticked at me on a layover in Cincinatti a few years ago and left me (he had the tickets). I managed to find him when he was in the boarding line. It took the entire flight for him to make up to me.
12. I am a songwriter and a member of two songwriter's guilds, and a song of mine will be included on a spring 2009 compilation cd release of east coast acoustic artists.
13. My kids (two) make me a better person over and over - after I make a fool of myself - over and over.
14. I have remained in a close knit group of friends since the mid nineteen seventies. I'm amazed by them, and amazingly blessed with them, as well as all of those who've become so important to me through the years we've lived in North Carolina.
15. The quiet of the morning, with my coffee, journal and thoughts is among my most favorite times.
16. I once got 'locked' in the camp grounds in Carolina Beach State Park overnight with no tent searching for the rest of my family who left home earlier than I did for the beach. I had to sleep in my sexy ford festiva :):) ...turns out, the campground was full and they got a hotel room for the night... it was long before we had cell phones.
17. I got to see my son open for Jojo a couple of years ago, and had to hear hundreds of girls screaming his name... weird.
18. I've lived in the south over twenty years now, and still don't understand some of the idioms, accents, and meaning of phrases. Once a co-worker was talking about being upset with new slacks she bought, because, 'girl, when I put them in the dryer, they drew up!!!"
19. I miss the quiet joy of our family's cabin on Otter Lake in Wisconsin.
20. I was a junior in high school, singing at The National Cathedral in Washington DC with my high school choir when John Hinckley Jr. tried to assassinate President Reagan.
21. I am a big fan of national public radio, and listen to "A Prairie Home Companion" with wonderfully funny stories of 'lake woebegon' as often as I can.
22. Among my favorite-all-time books is Eat, Pray, Love, and anything by Diana Galbadon.
23. As I've grown older, I've tried more and more to stay true to my heart with love, compassion and creativity in more than one form. My spirituality and faith is ever-evolving, and though constant, it changes colors and reflects differently as I grow. If I have any lasting regret as a parent, it's that because I'm still seeking and searching, my example (to my children) was probably more confusing than anything else.
24. I am learning macro-photography, and I love it!
25. My social network is amazing, and I'm ever grateful for each you taking the time to read my indulgent random facts :)

No comments:

Followers

My Blog List

find me!

my tip on etsy marketing

Etsy

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map