Thursday, December 18, 2008

gift giving inspirations

I would like to share some holiday gifts I've made this year with you - the trouble with that is some of my family members read this blog. So, I'm going to share with you my inspirations without telling you what I've done with them. I searched for and chose them based on the person, the relationship we share, and their life experiences over the past year. I thought about Goddesses, Muses, meaning and depth and then put my findings on items designed to hopefully inspire and touch their heart(s).

"Even from a dark night, songs of beauty can be born" ~Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey

'I went there of my own free will
I went there in my finest gown
with my rarest jewels
with my Queen of Heaven crown
In the underworld
At each of the seven gates
I was stripped seven times
Of all I thought I was
Till I stood bare in who I really am'
~Inanna, Goddess For Embracing the Shadows

"Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you" ~Richard Brinsley Sheridan

Malls and I do not make good companions - and I've managed to avoid them 100%! I've done all handmade gifts this year, whether I've made them or purchased handmade items. Now, the wrapping is complete, and the countdown is on for my home to fill up with family!

3 comments:

Jessica N. said...

High five! Malls and I do not get along either...maybe it is all those crazy holiday shoppers. LOL.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

100% - me too!!!!

:)

Seems the only time I find myself in a mall is when my prescription changes and I need new glasses!

Holiday blessings to you! Enjoy!

david santos said...

Great posting, my friend, great!
Congratulations!!!
Have a nice weekend.

Followers

My Blog List

find me!

my tip on etsy marketing

Etsy

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map